Dear AIESEC Bangalore,
It took me some time to get around to write this email. As I write this email, I wonder how you anyone can put down what they want to say after 4 years of such a beautiful experience. The last 4 years have been intense and defiantly unforgettable, writing this is possibly the hardest thing I’ve ever done. With that I have a few mantras that I would like to share with you all, some are fun and others are pure intense. Hope you can remember a few and use them in your AIESEC Experience.
Why I applied?
‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination.’ -Marianne Williamson
I believe that the post of Local Committee President is the most challenging opportunity at the age of 21. I will always truly be grateful for all the experiences and opportunities that AIESEC has given me but the role of LCP is one i needed to have done. Opportunities multiply when they are seized; I define opportunities not for the spectrum of just myself but also for AIESEC BANGALORE as a whole when i applied. I am applied for this prestigious role because I firmly believe the only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.
1) Be a Pencil ->If there is anything you should compare yourself to at this current time, then it has to be a pencil and I will share why? A pencil is guided and through its journey someone has always been there to help it write, I’m talking about your TLs and VPs, always respect and listen to them. Trust them!They always have the best in mind for you (Who Knows one day you will be the person who guides the new pencils). Be prepared to be sharpened, cause sometimes you will face difficulty and hard times in AIESEC, remember this is what makes you a better AIESECér. Use the eraser to correct your mistakes, and it will helps you choose the right path. Don’t worry about your other appearance, worry about the inner thoughts, Its not the wood which writes but its the graphite. Be best the version of yourself and always be true to yourself. Finally leave a Mark, Leave A Legacy, Isn’t that why we are here. So make sure you leave the best mark possible.
2) Make a Best friend -> “A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun’!”. I have have made the best of friends in AIESEC. I hope you all have the opportunity that we have. The Elysium forever shall be my best friends, the ones who will always be there for the rest of my life. An experience such as an EB is to powerful to forget. The people around make it even better.
3) Make a Genuine Commitment To Personal Excellence, Have a Vision for yourself -> Most employees don’t get out of bed each morning trying to hit a number. In the majority of companies there are only a handful of people that truly care about it or, in some cases, even understand exactly what it means to hit that number. As a members , don’t confuse your objectives with vision. Vision feeds exchanges and not the other way around. Always have a vision for yourself, that one motivation that takes you above and beyond.
4) Keep challenging yourself – Motivation needs to be stretched – > Set new challenges. Ask yourself: How can I transform what I do, take it up a level, reach new people, seek new horizons? If you’re totally satisfied in what you do, then you don’t need to do this. But if not, then find ways to keep your work challenging. Suggest what you’d like to do – because “if you don’t ask, you don’t get!”
5) Conferences, LCongs, LCMS -> DONT EVER MISS THESE. I can go on about the same but I sincerely ask you to go for everything. If you don’t have money borrow it, if you don’t have attendance “Figure it out”.
6) The Time Capsule| See Yourself As Unstoppable – > AIESEC Bangalore, has always been a pioneering LC, ever since we were incepted in 1982. It is your turn to take AIESEC in Bangalore forward and carry forward the Legacy, If anyone were to ask which LC you are from its your duty to say “The Legacy LC” and with that you need to take this LC to greater heights.
7) Change the World -> We are lucky, we have opportunities, we have our relatives! But what about the people who are not as fortunate as us? Who will stand up for them? When you hear the details of some of stories how can you be anything but appalled? I am appalled. It’s an entirely appropriate emotional response for people to have. Here is where I say “Go for an Internship! Change your world view, experience living alone, with no one really caring about you” Come back to India and change the world!
8) Have Fun – Be Random -> Always enjoy those small moments, which will make you laugh and cry. Be random and don’t ever forget to be yourself. Have those conversations which will change your life.
9) Understand AIESEC -> One of the biggest things you can do is, really understand what AIESEC really is. AIESEC has always been the worlds best kept secret and we need to change that. Question the values, don’t be cattle following the signs, challenge yourself! Whether its a conversation between direct or indirect impact, quality vs quantity, leadership or management, UNDERSTAND AIESEC!
10) Stand for LCP -> The best decision I made in AIESEC was to stand for the post of LCP! ( I mean stand, you may not necessarily win) Standing for LCP itself was an amazing experience! At that moment, I didn’t know what lay ahead of me. I had no idea that I would have the most fun, intense, gratifying year of my life. I didn’t know what it would feel like to lead over a 150 people to achieve a goal. I didn’t know what it would be like to lead such exceptional people. I didn’t know what it would feel like to accomplish something. I didn’t know would it feel like to grow as a person and understand yourself. I didn’t know what it would be like to be LCP! But what I did know was that it was a scary thing to do and whats the fun in doing something ordinary!! And after that there was no looking back.
I’m not saying 2014 was perfect! I believe it was that year AIESEC Bangalore needed in order for a plan that was formulated 4 years back by a few great people to be seen through. We saw AIESEC Bangalore becoming that force to reckon with carrying forward in 2015 and for the years following. AIESEC Bangalore came from humble beginnings, today we are champions but we have miles to go before we sleep! It is with a heavy heart and lots of fond memories, I will defiantly miss you all. You guys gave The Elysium the best year ever, thank you for that! Do call/text us if you ever need to have a conversation on anything.
Today I’m happy and unexplainably content, the moment where I know I gave it everything.
Goodbye AIESEC Bangalore!
Proud Alumni from
AIESEC in Bangalore
☎ : +91 9900265484